Emma DeVito Named President & CEOHome » News » Press Releases » Emma DeVito Named President & CEO
Emma DeVito Named President & CEO of Village Care of New York
The board of directors of Village Care of New York announces the appointment of Emma DeVito as the organization’s president and chief executive officer.
Ms. DeVito, who has worked in Village Care since 1991, has been its chief operating officer since 2003.
“We are extraordinarily pleased that we have someone within Village Care who can readily step up to the challenges of bringing quality care to older adults and persons living with HIV/AIDS.” said David Sidwell, Village Care board chairman. “The board is truly excited about working with Emma and looks forward to her leadership as we tackle the challenges of a difficult economic environment.”
Mr. Sidwell pointed both to Ms. DeVito’s lengthy financial experience along with her commitment to, and understanding of, Village Care’s programs as key factors in selecting her to take over the reins of the not-for-profit organization.
Ms. DeVito joined Village Care as its chief financial officer in 1991. In her most recent role as COO, she was responsible for managing the daily operations of the organization in serving nearly 6,000 individuals annually with a staff of more than 1,500 employees.
Village Care operates SeniorChoices and a Network of AIDS Services, which provide both community-based and residential services. The organization is also building a state-of-the-art rehabilitation and skilled nursing care center on West Houston Street, which is scheduled to open in 2010.
- Press Releases
- VillageCareMAX Health Plan Partners with eCaring to Enhance Patient Care and Reduce Avoidable Hospitalizations
- A New Online Program to Improve Treatment Adherence through the Advanced Use of Technology in New York City
- VillageCare Receives Health Care Innovation Award for Treatment Adherence through the Advanced Use of Technology (TAAUT)
- RIBBON-CUTTING CEREMONY & OPEN HOUSE TO MARK THE OPENING OF NEW VILLAGECARE REHABILITATION AND NURSING CENTER
- Online Program for Families Connects with Legislators
- Emma DeVito Named President & CEO
- Pay for Performance â€“ A Questionable Quality Improvement Strategy
- "Patient-Focused" Long-Term Care is a Powerful Concept
- Reform of "Disjointed and Uncoordinated" Long-Term Care System in New York
- North Shore-LIJ and VillageCare to Open Urgent Care Center in Lower Manhattan, Sign Agreement to Offer Other Health Services