Online Program for Families Connects with LegislatorsHome » News » Press Releases » Online Program for Families Connects with Legislators
Online Program for Families Connects with Legislators
VillageCare has joined with other long-term care providers and the New York Association of Homes and Services for the Aging (NYAHSA) in offering a way for families to have their voices heard by state legislators on issues that impact care and services.
Many individuals in our community have been strong advocates for the needs of frail older adults and persons living with HIV/AIDS. In an era where health care has seen repeated cutbacks in state funding targeted toward programs that care for disabled populations, those affected need a way to be heard in the state capitol and in their local state legislative districts.
NYAHSA has created a program called Partners in Quality/Families & Friends, a grass-roots effort that allows everyday people to be heard by Albany lawmakers.
In order to join the fight against budget cuts, all you need is a compassionate heart and Internet access.
The commitment will take only minutes a month, and while it is completely voluntary, it’s also one of the most vital things you can do. NYAHSA will provide material for letters to be sent via e-mail to legislators whenever a crucial issue arises, and will also offer phone scripts for those willing to make a call or two to your state senator or assembly member.
NYAHSA will also make available prewritten letters that address whatever issue is at hand, and all you have to do is fill in your ZIP code. NYAHSA will send the letter only to your representatives. Your name and address are kept confidential and will not used for any other mailing list.
Several hundred people are already participating in Families & Friends, but NYAHSA’s goal is thousands.
Everyone knows that there is power in numbers, and you and your loved ones have every right to be heard. It just isn’t easy for one person to make a difference in government, but together, we can deliver our message with a huge impact.
To participate, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Family and Friends.” Include your name. You’ll receive an e-mail from NYAHSA whenever you’re needed to click and send an electronic letter to your state or federal legislators.
You’ll never be asked for money or anything other than a few minutes of your time. Please become a Friends and Families Partner in Quality; your involvement has never been so important.
- Press Releases
- VillageCareMAX Health Plan Partners with eCaring to Enhance Patient Care and Reduce Avoidable Hospitalizations
- A New Online Program to Improve Treatment Adherence through the Advanced Use of Technology in New York City
- VillageCare Receives Health Care Innovation Award for Treatment Adherence through the Advanced Use of Technology (TAAUT)
- RIBBON-CUTTING CEREMONY & OPEN HOUSE TO MARK THE OPENING OF NEW VILLAGECARE REHABILITATION AND NURSING CENTER
- Online Program for Families Connects with Legislators
- Emma DeVito Named President & CEO
- Pay for Performance â€“ A Questionable Quality Improvement Strategy
- "Patient-Focused" Long-Term Care is a Powerful Concept
- Reform of "Disjointed and Uncoordinated" Long-Term Care System in New York
- North Shore-LIJ and VillageCare to Open Urgent Care Center in Lower Manhattan, Sign Agreement to Offer Other Health Services